Hi I’m Tamara and welcome to my blog! I’m really glad you stopped by. I’m a happily married doctor, newish mom(how long can you claim the title of new mom?) and fledgling seamstress/knitter. I used to blog about my daily outfits, but since baby girl came along, I just don’t have the time nor the desire to post my outfits anymore. I almost gave up my blog completely, then I decided to “rebrand” as it were and start using my blog as a place to catalogue all my DIY endeavors.
In addition to our beautiful little daughter, we have three little dogs named Bailey, Aspen and Gracie.
A couple things to know about me:
1. I love headbands or floral hair pieces, skirts and cardigan. I pretty much wear all three every day.
2. I am married to Macgyver. Seriously, my hubby can do just about anything and fix anything with anything. In college my stereo was stolen out of my car and the replacement stereo that the insurance provided didn’t come with brackets…so he made them out of scraps found in his parents garage. He made a beautiful bookshelf for our daughter’s room out of plywood boards and trim pieces leftover form other projects.
3. I am terrible at taking pictures. I have a DSLR that hubby won at work and a prime lens(35mm 1.8f) but my pictures still suck. I have come to accept this, and honestly anymore I mostly just use my Iphone to take pictures.
4. I’m one of THOSE People who quote movies/tv excessively. I pretty much know the entire dialogue of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. My sister and father are just about as bad as I am. Get the three of us together and we’ll have an entire conversation of just quotes.
5. I’m an optometrist at a private practice and I love it! My staff is awesome and the other doctors I work with are helpful and fun.
6. The hubby and I live in Savannah, GA. We love it most of the time. My parents also live here and we love spending time with them.
7. The hubby and I are total dorks and we are okay with that. We decorated our daughter’s nursery with a Lord of the Rings theme.
8. *I work as a volunteer seamstress to sew Angel Gown garments for NICU Helping Hands to provide nationally to families that have lost a baby during pregnancy or after delivery. NICU Helping Hands is a 501c3 organization based in Fort Worth, Texas that provides parent support and education to families experiencing the hospitalization of their baby in the NICU of a hospital. They gift Angel Gown garments to families and hospitals free of charge and provide additional bereavement support through their One-on-One Mentoring Program and other printed bereavement materials.*(copied from NICUU Helping Hands Volunteer Handbook). We volunteer seamstresses take donated wedding gowns and create burial gowns for infants. You can find out more information here: NICU Helping Hands
9. I won’t be posting any pictures of my daughter. We are giving her the gift of not having her whole early life online as well as trying to protect her from predators and other unsavory people. I will occasionally share stories of her life but not pictures…Sorry!
10. I have been sewing since early 2012 and knitting since 2013. They are both my passions and I always have multiple projects going on. This blog is where I will be showcasing my work.